FOOD TIN WALKIE
You will need:
- Two food tins (about 425g size)
- About 5-10 meters of string
- A hammer and nail
What to do:
- Use the hammer and nail to puncture a hole into the base of each food tin.
- Thread one end of the string through the hole in the base of one food tin. Thread
from the outside to the inside of the tin. Tie a knot in the end of the string so
that it does not slip back out of the tin can.
- Repeat step two with the other tin can and the other end of the string.
- Your walkie talkie is finished. To use it, stretch the string out so that it is
quite tight (but not so tight that the string pops out through the hole in the tin).
When a person speaks into one tin, the person at the other other tin should be able
to hear him or her through the other tin.