You will need:
- A piece of paper
- At least one root vegetable (e.g. potato, pumpkin, carrot)
- A knife to cut the vegetables
- Poster paints
- Paint brush
What to do:
- Cut the vegetable(s) to make shapes. Try to make flat surfaces on the
vegetable(s). For example, slice a potato in half to make two circle-shaped
- Paint the flat surface of the vegetable so that it is covered well.
- Press the flat surface of the vegetable down onto the paper to make your vegetable
print. Try all kinds of different shapes and colors.
Things to try:
- Use a spoon to scratch a pattern or picture into the flat surface of one of the
vegetables, then use the vegetable to make a print of the picture/pattern.